Workshop ‘Vlaams Koud Buffet’
Filled peach, 'tomate crevette' and 'asperges-in-hespenrolletjes' evoke beautiful nostalgic memories for most of us. Sunday October 6 we offer a chance to enjoy these Flemish classics in our workshop while teaching the tricks of the trade. We provide ingredients in our well-equipped kitchen. The only thing to bring is an apron and a solid recipe.
At 12 am, we offer an aperitif, Porto or Sherry, and give a short presentation about the conservation of intangible heritage and how ideological tendencies, conservatism and tradition can undermine or enhance each other. Our physical hunger will be silenced by our own culinary creations.
After the meal we discuss art, political recuperation and how to deal with this as an artist or curator. The discussion takes place at the table and is moderated by Bureau d'Alimentation.
Location: Netwerk Aalst
- 10 – 12 am: workshop ‘Vlaams Koud Buffet’
- 12 am: presentation 'Werkplaats Immaterieel Erfgoed'
- 12:30 am: presentation Conservatism vs. Traditionalism
- 1 pm: buffet
- 1:45 pm: display of video work by Ignace Cami
- 2 pm: talk with artist Ignace Cami, curator Roger D’hondt and curator of intangible heritage Jorijn Neyrinck about traditions and political recuperation of art and culture.
- workshop 'Vlaams Koud Buffet': free
- aperitif, buffet and talk: € 20
Info and registration
Please enroll for one or both events before September 30 by contacting email@example.com or 053 70 97 73.